Monday, June 21, 2010

Whats Wrong?

I, Elynn Suah, opt for English B HL, while my friends are taking English B SL.

SL as in Standard Level
HL as in Higher Level.

Since im taking 4 HL subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English), i will have to finish my classes at 4pm on certain days. I do not mind, because this is my choice.

However, i feel rather annoyed when my friends laugh at me for making this decision. WHY?

SO WHAT if i finish later than others? I would rather spend my time with my teachers than doze off to dreamland, and probably waste a few hours there dreaming of my prince charming. (haha!)

So yes, i think it is very inconsiderate of people to laugh at my braveness to embrace this chance to learn more and challenge myself.

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT? 


Oh yes yes one more. As a devout Buddhist, i believe strongly in not talking bad about others. And this includes avoiding comparing religions. I mean, i find no point.
Dont we learn that every religion teaches their followers to be good? SO whats the point in comparing, and concluding which or whose religion is the best?

I believe that there is no BEST religion. To me, one is a follower of that religion because they feel that the teachings suits them well.

I dont mean to offense anyone, but yes i DO feel offended when people compare my religion with others. IF you NEED to, please ask a devout follower of that religion, or read the teachings from the correct book, not to jump to conclusions and assume.

So yes, i will stop here. ;)
good day everyone.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Keys said...

yes,believe in urself all the time:)